(Insert little snippet here)
Usually I would rack my brain for 20 minutes to come up with a little paragraph to insert here that is somehow related to the recipe. But today is not one of those days.
So here is the recipe and a cat to make up for the lack of effort.
- 2 cups of Fasolia beans
- 500g of beef stew chunks
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of Lebanese 7-Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Soak beans overnight, changing the water once. Boil beans (do not remove the skins) for 10 minutes and discard water. Set beans aside.
Heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft. Add beef and brown all over. Return beans to the pot and add a large bowl of water. Turn it up to a boil and add spices and tomato paste, cook for 2 hours or pressure cook for 20 minutes.
Serve with rice.